Monday, July 17, 2017

What to Take When Away from Home

What do you take to work on when you are away from home? I always take knitting with me, and one or two Turkish spindles and fiber to spin. Depending on where I will be, and how long, I take my Sonata spinning wheel.

My Mom has knee replacement surgery coming up and I will be staying with her as long as she needs me. I need something that I can pick up and put down without worrying about keeping up with a pattern, so no intricate lace patterns this time around.

I've got the garter stitch scarf started and I might cast on for a pair of plain vanilla socks, but I don't want to end up with too many projects on the needles. Again.

I want to limit spinning wheel accessories so I will stick with the standard flyer and a couple of extra bobbins. I have a niddy noddy that will break down and fit in the carry bag that came with my wheel. The bag will also hold a fair amount of fiber as well as the extra bobbins.

I've got small amounts, a few ounces each, of several different fibers from  The Spinning Box purchases this year and it might be a good idea to work thru those. I've got one small bit spun up and working on another bobbin of a Merino/Bamboo blend in a gorgeous green that I will ply with the other bobbin.








Post a Comment