Thursday, July 13, 2017

Not Enough Time in a Day

In attempting to get more exercise and lose the extra pounds, I find that I've done very little knitting the past few days. I did manage to sit down at the spinning wheel earlier and it helped loosen up my ankle. My fitbit reminds me to get up and move every hour (I am rather fond of my Cloud recliner), and the steps are adding up. I'm keeping track of what I eat and hoping to burn off more than I eat in a day.

Walking early in the morning is nice. It's cooler, but I can't do it without insect repellent. Getting up at 6am and going for a walk at 7am is my goal. I can't manage it every day, my ankle acts up. I'm basically trying to find that sweet spot where I get the exercise I need to burn off calories without crippling myself in the process. Yesterday I managed a 1/2 mile walk down the road and back. Took my camera with me and got some nice shots. Managed a little over 7,400 steps by the end of the day. Today I've only managed a little over 4,600 and my ankle is telling me to take it easy tomorrow.

All of this is, of course, interfering in my knitting/spinning time. Just about the time I'm making progress on a knitting pattern it's time to get up and walk . I can make a lap thru the house, from one room to the other and back to the living room, in around 100 steps. So, to get 250 steps every hour takes 2 1/2 laps thru the house. I am aiming at 8,000 steps each day. There is no flipping way I am going to reach 10,000 steps anytime soon, but I think 8,000 steps per day is doable.

Pics from my walk...






Post a Comment