Wednesday, July 12, 2017

A Nice Surprise

I went out to the front porch to water my poinsettia plant, and my remaining pot of herbs (the other one got tossed because I couldn't find the friggin spider that was spinning it's web all over my thyme, oregano, and mint).

When I opened the door, a small bird took off from the area of a small metal plant stand. I investigated. I found a nest! Didn't get a good look at the bird, it flew off too quickly. That stand is near a south facing window and I might be able to peek out the window and catch the bird on her nest at some point.


I had taken the plant out of the plastic container to let the air circulate better in this humid Texas summer weather. Bird took it for an invitation. Nest is made from grass and pine needles. You can see a couple of pine needles poking up from the red plastic container.


Post a Comment