Saturday, April 8, 2017

DFW Fiber Fest 2017

Got to the Irving Convention Center at 10:00 am this morning and found Jeri Brock and Auntie Dawn. Bought my large turk from Jeri, as well as a lovely shuttle for inkle weaving. Also got two more bags of Texas Cashmere from Dawn of Four Hens Fibers. Scored some Doctor Who stitch markers from Knitting Lagniappe and 3 pounds of Easy to Spin natural cotton from Brookmoore Creations.


The Turkish spindle is made of Spalted Maple. The inkle shuttle is made of White Oak.




I had a full, medium spindle and started plying it on my new large spindle. Love it! Jeri does such a good job on her spindles and all the wonderful things she makes.



Thought I had snapped a shot of the other sided of the booth where the spindles and yarn are displayed. Oh, well. Really enjoyed visiting with Jeri and Dawn. Also picked up a couple of jars of Everything Balm from Goodies Unlimited, but forgot to bring them in the house...they are still in the van...I've got my feet up with ice on my sore ankle so no picture, lol.


Dawn designed a shawl and I just downloaded it from Ravelry. It's a one skein shawl: Jasmine Shawl.

No comments: