Sunday, March 6, 2016

Re-Knitting a Sock Top

When sitting down to do a bit of mending on one of Brad's socks it occurred to me that I should just re-knit the ribbing entirely.  This particular pair of socks were knitted on a size 0, 2mm needle. For the last pair I knitted him I used a size 1, 2.5 mm needle for the ribbing. I like the smaller needle for the foot because it makes a nice, firm fabric that wears well. He really likes the way the other pair fits him and when he tried this sock on he liked the way it fits compared to the ribbing on the smaller needle. This is a cotton/wool/nylon blend yarn and can be a little more difficult to get on and off than the wool/nylon blend socks.


After re-winding the yarn prior to knitting the ribbing over, I just dropped the little ball of yarn down into the toe of the sock to keep it under control. Worked like a charm. It slid down to the toe of the sock and didn't get all tangled up as I knitted.


Post a Comment