Thursday, February 25, 2016

Making My Own

For several years I have been using Young Living essential oils, ordering online as a retail customer. I am considering upgrading to independent distributor later this spring. In the meantime I am making some salves using coconut oil as a base and blending in essential oils for different things.

I deal with respiratory issues, asthma and allergies, and I combined Peppermint, Myrtle, and R.C.  for those issues and added some EndoFlex for hormone imbalance as well. I put everything in a Pyrex custard cup and set it on the hot plate that I use to keep my cup of tea or coffee hot. In just a few minutes it is all melted and easy to blend together. Then I pour it into a small jar for storage.



Just finished a jar of salve for hubby's feet using Wintergreen Oil. It smells so good! His feet ache at the end of the day and I think he will enjoy a foot rub this evening when he gets out of the shower. The coconut oil will solidify and be easy to use in salve form later.


Post a Comment