Saturday, January 2, 2016

Fiber Prep

I was looking for something in my cluttered studio room and spied my wool combs. Then I found a bag of gorgeous, scoured brown wool locks....forgot what breed of wool it is....and decided to do a bit of combing to see if I remember how.


It is a fairly fine wool and combs up beautifully except for a teensy bit of static. I have never actually heated the tines of the combs as some people do but I think the process would be improved if I gave the rest of the wool a soak in conditioner and let it dry before attempting to comb the rest of it. There is a small coil of combed wool laying beside the second comb that I pulled off without a diz. Need to go find the diz for the next time I do some combing. Glad I sat down and did a sample before committing time to processing the whole bag of fiber. It's always more enjoyable when I know what to expect from the way my fiber will behave before digging in!
Post a Comment