Saturday, December 5, 2015

One More Pair of Socks!

I currently have 3 pair of socks on needles , one nearly finished , so of course now that the Heritage Sock Yarn I ordered from The Yarn Barn has arrived I really need one more pair under construction. I have wanted to start a pair of TARDIS socks for myself for ages and finally got my Ravelry queue updated and thinned down to 10 projects so, of course I had to add the TARDIS socks to my queue. Makes perfect sense. Actually it does, because these toe-up socks are plain knit until I get to the leg and follow a chart and that will give me a lot of plain knitting in between pattern knitting on the other socks.

This is the pattern I chose: Tardis socks (my version) from Ravelry. It is written for a man's size sock but I nearly always get 9 stitches to the inch with a 2mm needle so I think that it should work fine, even for my skinny feet!



I looked around online and chose this yarn: Heritage Sock Yarn in Sapphire, Black and Snow. I got the last 3 skeins of Sapphire that The Yarn Barn had in stock. No one else has it and it will be some time until everyone is restocked. It is lighter and brighter in person, very like a TARDIS blue to my eyes.




No comments: