Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Blending Boards & Drum Carders

I will pick up my new Ashford blending board in the morning. After spinning rolags from Classy Squid Fiber Co. I am looking forward to making my own. I have a pretty good supply of various fibers to use including wool and wool/silk blends, 100% silk and some washed and as yet un-dyed fleece. I will need some Firestar and Angelina to add sparkle to my rolags and can probably find that at Leef's when I pick up the blending board.

I have owned a Pat Green drum carder for many years but haven't used it in some time. Most of what I have been spinning is combed top in natural colors or roving that I have dyed myself or purchased already dyed and ready to spin. It's time to get back to making batts and rolags for something other than fine singles spinning.



Post a Comment