Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Toe-up socks

After years of knitting socks from the cuff down on double-pointed needles I now prefer knitting from the toe up on a 2mm/size 0, 47" long, circular needle. My favorite needles are Addi Turbo Sock Rockets. I buy them in pairs so I can work on two socks at a time, each on it's own needle.

I use Judy's Magic Loop cast on and Jo Torr's Vanilla Sock pattern. It is easy enough to turn a vanilla sock into a patterned sock, which is what I did with the Yarn Over Cable Sock I am working on now. I needed a pattern with a 5 st repeat and this is perfect. I am working on 35 sts on each half of the sock, top and bottom.


The lace pattern is as follows:
Rows 1 & 2: Purl 1, * Knit 3, Purl 2 *, ending with Purl 1.
Row 3: Purl 1, * Slip one st, Knit 2 sts, PSSO the 2 Knit sts, Purl 2 *, ending with Purl 1.
Row 4: Purl 1, * Knit 1, YO, Knit 1, Purl 2 *, ending with Purl 1.
Repeat these 4 rows for pattern. 

Note! Row 3 is a decrease row. Row 4 is an increase row. Be sure NOT to knit 2 sts together on Row 3. Knit 2 and then pass the slipped stitch over both knitted stiches.


No comments: