Sunday, November 15, 2015

Sock Dilemma

I gave up wearing store bought socks a couple of years ago and only wear my own hand-knitted socks now. Most of them are wool/nylon blend but I have a couple of pair that are cotton/wool/nylon blend which I like to wear in the summer with my walking shoes. The only sock yarns I have in my stash at the moment are wool/nylon blend which is fine for cooler weather. My only problem is that I can't seem to make up my mind which yarn to use and whether I want to knit a plain vanilla pair of socks or something with a pattern.

I am currently trying to decide between two different skeins of yarn, one a kettle dyed, Jurassic Park on Strong Heart base,  and the other a semi-solid, Moss on Warm Heart base,  both Fishknits yarns. Jurassic Park would probably be better as a plain vanilla sock to let the color flow without a complicated pattern. Moss would do fine for something with a pattern, maybe lace.

Since I am finishing the ribbing on a pair of socks for my husband I will be done soon and ready to start a pair for myself. I might even cast on for two pair instead of trying to decide between the two.




Post a Comment