Saturday, November 7, 2015

Mindless Knitting

Among my 'works in progress' I try to keep at least one that I consider to be mindless knitting such as garter stitch or stocking stitch in the round. In June I started a cowl with two skeins of fingering yarn, a knitted tube that will have the beginning and end grafted together for a cowl or infinity scarf. The only thing I really need to keep track of is swapping yarn at the beginning of the round, bringing the new yarn under the working yarn for a nice 'seam' on the inside, which will not show. Even on the outside it is not very noticeable as I am knitting it. It may disappear entirely after wet finishing. We shall see...


















I am using a skein of Fishknits Warm Heart in Sweet Cream Butter for my solid and a skein of Mountain Colors Crazyfoot in Summit for the gradient. There is no pattern as such. I started with a provisional cast on and 120 stitches on a 3.5 mm/size 4 needle and knit two rounds with one yarn then two rounds with the second. Easy peasy!
Post a Comment