Friday, November 20, 2015

Let's Try That Again...

I did one complete pattern repeat for my Trilobite sock and when I tried it on it was WAY too big. I wasn't sure if the pattern would draw in enough to compensate for 74 sts. Now I know. It doesn't.

So. I frogged back to the toe and will start over with the medium size instead of the large. Funny thing is...the second sock, in yarn over cable, is on 70 sts and fits fine, no doubt due to the 5 st ribbing pattern. Which is another good reason to wait before starting the second sock in a pair of socks...until I know the bloomin thing will fit!

I will sit down with paper and pencil and see how I need to alter the pattern for Trilobite to fit my skinny feet before I start off with the medium size pattern. I might get away with fewer purl stitches between the pattern sections. We will see...


No comments: