Friday, October 23, 2015

Slow Going (not fond of purling)

I found my stitch count error on my Geology Gradient shawl, got thru layer 4, finally, and will do another repeat of layer 5 before beginning the final lace border. This is my second Geology shawl and as much as I am not fond of purl 3 tog, leave on the needle, yo, purl 3 tog again, it needs another repeat to balance out with the rest of the shawl. I had 6 g of yarn left from the first shawl after adding repeats to the last 2 sections so I will do the same with this version.

Version One: Knitted with Fishknits Serenity, (70/30 Merino/Silk) fingering yarn, Jurassic Park colorway.


The fifth section from the top is what I am working on at the moment in a brown gradient, also Fishknits Serenity. It's worth the extra repeats for the star stitch. Lovely texture.

No comments: