Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Fishknits!

It has been much too long since I posted anything on my blog and I will attempt to get back to blogging on a regular basis.

The main reason for this post is to promote Fishknits Yarn. Someone recommended the yarn to me last fall and I found the group on Ravelry, Fishknits Yarns Knitterly Friends, and saw Jo Dee Fish's wonderful yarns and all the projects that the members were working on. I ordered my first two skeins of self-striping yarn to make socks and I was hooked!

 



Fishknits Yarns also offers a sock gradient which I used to knit a cowl and design a slouch hat pattern.



 
 

 
Jo Dee's hand dyed yarns are the best I have found. There are several yarn bases to choose from including Strongheart, Warmheart & Bootsrap which are not just for socks; Serenity, Tranquility & Isabella which are wool/silk blends and Opulence MCN & Devine which are wool/cashmere blends.

You will find choices of self-striping, full or sock gradients, solids, semi-solids, intentional flash and kettle-dyed yarns. Jo regularly updates what is available in her shop and does a booming business in special orders.
 



 

No comments: