Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Container Gardening

I really, really need to get some flower beds made where there is full sun. The existing beds are in the shade most of the day, the ground is packed and they won't hold water. Also, the iris need to be divided and have more room to grow. I have a spot in mind to get ready for fall and in the meantime I am growing a few things in containers since we had such a terrible summer last year. At least it will be easier to water what I have growing.

The chives I dug up from where I once had an herb garden. I am also going to plant a sweet potato vine, some ginger and some garlic. I dug some dayflower vines from along the creek to put in a hanging basket, not sure if that will work or not.

I have lemon balm, oregano, basil, thyme and rosemary in one large pot, English lavender in another pot and spearmint in another.








Post a Comment