Monday, February 21, 2011

Test Knitting

I just finished a test knit for a friend, Amber, of Denison, TX. She is a budding knitwear designer and asked me to do a 'test' for the test knit on Ravelry. She will be offering her pattern for sale in the near future and I pray she does well in her endeavor.

I enjoyed knitting her pattern and giving a couple of suggestions. One thing I learned....I have trouble getting 5.5 spi with worsted yarn. I like to knit loosely and I ended up having to go to a size 4 needle and even then the blocked arm warmer isn't as small as I had hoped. I may have over blocked it. I will give it another try later and not block it much and see what difference it makes. This has been a good learning experience for me and I look forward to doing this again.

No comments: