Thursday, November 18, 2010

Red River Fiber Arts

There is now a spinning group in the Sherman, TX area: Red River Fiber Arts. We are spinners, knitters, weavers, quilters, tatters, crocheters...the list goes on. We meet at the Sherman Senior Citizen Center on Thursday afternoons from 1 til 3pm. The group was organized by Linda Schuster and we have a member who has her own carding mill just across the river in OK, Gail White of Ozark Carding.

We had some experienced spinners and some new spinners today and we all had a great time. Linda and Gail are great instructors and I try to help out a little. I don't really feel comfortable as an instructor since I am self taught and I draft with my left hand, not my right which is how most people learn. Hopefully, I will become more comfortable and be able to actually instruct before long. Time to step out of my comfort zone I guess.

I had put my camera in my bag...and forgot to take photos! Oh, well. I will do better next time!

(edited because the name is Red River Fiber Arts...not Artists, LOL)

No comments: