Tuesday, November 2, 2010

A Real Treasure!

I was gifted a book for my birthday by my sister-in-law, my brother's wife. The book had belonged to her mother, Lucy, who was an accomplished needlewoman and a prolific quilter. My jaw dropped when I saw the book, the same book I used to check out of the public library back in the 60's, McCall's Needlework Treasury published in 1964!

There is a pattern in the knitting section, which I jumped to first, of course, for a Sequined lace jacket that uses fingering weight yarn and gives instructions for....are you ready for this?...threading the sequins onto the yarn! OH MY GOSH!

I am really enjoying my stroll down memory lane and the patterns that I remember as a kid and a new knitter. Sigh. I have such a wonderful sister-in-law. Thank you, Susan! I love you!
Post a Comment