Saturday, November 27, 2010

"The Cat Who Saw Stars"



I just finished listening to an audio book by Lillian Jackson Braun, titled "The Cat Who Saw Stars". I had read it many years ago and when I saw it at the public library in audio book form I thought it would be perfect to listen to while knitting.

There is a character, Barb, who is a knitter of one of a kind hand-knit sweaters made from her handspun wool and silk yarns. Also, there is mention of a float in the 4th of July Moose County Parade sponsored by The Friends of Wool. On the float are a shepherd playing a flute in the midst of sheep and lambs as well as several people knitting socks....two of them are men, by the way.

The main character, Jim Qwilleran, a columnist for the Moose County Something newspaper, wrote an article on hand-spinning for his twice weekly column, "The Qwill Pen."

I have been a fan of these books for over 20 years and finally decided to collect all of them in paperback form. I highly recommend them for anyone who loves cats and mysteries.

(This audio book came from the Sherman Public Library in Sherman, Texas and, as you can see, is well worn from use.)
Post a Comment