Friday, October 15, 2010

Gourmet Yarn Co

I am off to the Gourmet Yarn Co. in OKC in the morning for their Yarns on Stage trunk show featuring Alpaca with a Twist, Cherry Tree Hill, Claudia Hand Painted Yarns, Conjoined Creations, Dream in Color, Pico Accuaridi Dyeworks, Prism Yarns, Shibui Knits, Great Adirondack, and Twisted Sisters.

I am particularly interested in the Cherry Tree Hill and Prism Yarns. I love knitting with lace weight yarns and my mom bought me a skein of Schaefer Audrey in Indigo when we were in the shop yesterday. (It has joined the skein of Elizabeth Zimnmerman colorway I bought at the Woolie Ewe in Plano, TX.) They also have a great selection of Addi Turbo Lace needles which are the only needles I use apart from double pointed sock needles.

I am looking forward to meeting someone I have been chatting with on the GYC Ravelry Group when I get to the shop. We both knitted Wendy Johnson's Shetland Pi Shawl, but with a change of lace pattern for part 4.

Note: I am visiting my mom and snapped this photo on a table in the bedroom....didn't realize that my baby photo was in the picture, lol. That was only 56 years ago.

Can't think of a better way to celebrate my birthday than in a yarn shop!

1 comment:

fabricfolliestwo said...

Happy Birthday. Hope your day is as lovely as that yarn in your pic. ;o)