Monday, May 3, 2010

Funky Socks at the Boiler Room!




I mentioned in another post that I had been inspired to knit socks again after seeing a finished pair at a Meetup in McKinney. So.....I dug into my sock yarn stash and found something that I liked. I cast on and began knitting on Wednesday last week and was so close to doing the heel last night that I stayed up to 1am to work the heel flap and turn the heel.....and finish the gusset. I will have the first sock finished either tonight or tomorrow. For now, I am enjoying coffee at the Boiler Room in Sherman....time for low octane tho, had enough of the leaded stuff for now.

The pattern is free off of Ravelry and is called Monkey by Cookie A. It is super easy and fun to knit and, yes, I am one of those folks who wears hand-knit socks with sandals, so the color I picked will be great with my brown SAS sandals.

Note: 11:20PM Just finished the sock....one to go!

No comments: