Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Wool Combs!




I have all sorts of neat toys and tools for spinning and weaving, but the one thing I didn't have was a set of wool combs....mostly because I didn't want to spend upwards of $200 for a set of them. Then I was visiting Leef at Apple Leef Farms and discovered she had just received a shipment at a much more affordable price!

The folks who used to make Indigo Hound combs sold everything to someone else who is making viking combs, wool combs and hackles. I forgot the name of the gentleman who is running the business, but you can contact Leef at leef@appleleeffarm.com to purchase his products.

You can see a strick of line flax in one photo that I hackled using the wool combs. I have several stricks that had become somewhat disarranged over the years due to demonstrations and storage. I have a bit more of the pretty blond colored flax and quite a bit more of darker Belgian flax that no one seems to carry anymore and it is in need of combing to prepare it for spinning.

I also purchased a couple of temples that Leef ordered for me.....another tool that I had been intending to get for several years. I love being an adult....the older you get the neater your toys are!

No comments: