Monday, April 26, 2010

I hate jazz.....

What's up with jazz music anyway? It's everywhere: bookstores, coffee shops, restaurants. And it is so annoying! I enjoy a relaxing time when I am shopping or eating out. I can't think when jazz music is blaring everywhere I go.

Heads Up people! You! Yeah, YOU! The corporate gurus that dictate that people who patronize Books A Million, Hastings, Starbucks, It's A Grind, Johnny Carino's, Olive Garden, Panera Bread and countless others, will be forced to listen to jazz. Knock it off! I can honestly say that I don't know a single person who likes jazz!

I complain about it every chance I get. You know what folks who work at these places tell me? They have no choice. Corporate bigwigs tell them what to play. According to the kids who work at a local Hastings store, they can't even turn the music off! I have emailed these places and even called when I can find a phone number. It does no good. Mostly because most people won't bother to tell the management that they don't like it. They just learn to put up with it.

I have a simple philosophy when it comes to music: It should be enjoyed, not endured. There is nothing relaxing about jazz. It is spastic, psychotic and irritating. Around here, north Texas, the only other alternative seems to be country music, which is fine if you like music that whines at you. Personally, I prefer NO music when I am eating or shopping. At least I can hear a conversation or hear myself think.

So much for my two cents. I just spent an irritating day being bombarded by jazz everywhere I went. Ugh.

No comments: