Monday, October 19, 2009

Multiple Projects at the Same Time



Does anyone else out there work on more than one project at a time? I usually have several going simultaneously, and I always get them finished....unless I am designing and don't like the way the pattern is working out....and frog the thing. However, I digress....

I mostly enjoy knitting shawls. I started another one a few days ago in Bernat Denim Style that will be for the ladies in my knitting group to work on. I like the way the 'from the top down' triangular shawls knit up that I found in Folk Shawls by Cheryl Oberle, but made some changes to suit me.

I like the Peddlers Shawl, but didn't want to use the lace since this is for semi-beginning knitters. I like the increase rows in her Feather and Fan shawl, but wanted to keep it simple with plain garter stitch. So, I knitted one for myself using left over blue and white and pink in Bernat Denim Style and the ladies really liked it. To avoid the annoying line where you change colors of yarn in garter stitch I decided to do a 'k1, yo, k2 tog' on the row where I change yarn.

I am using Denim Style in Chino (cream) and White for a couple of stripes midway down the shawl for a little interest, and THIS time I am writing down the pattern, which is easier than trying to go back and figure out what I did when I knitted the other one.

Since this is a fairly simple thing to knit up, I decided I need another project that is a bit more interesting and requires a bit more brain cells to keep me occupied when I feel boredom setting in from all that garter stitch. So, I am finally getting back to the Swallowtail Shawl I started months ago, and that I took on our trip to VA last month. It is fine yarn and is going to take awhile to finish.

Then, there is the Veteran's Scarf that our knitting group is starting.....you get the picture!

No comments: