Saturday, October 17, 2009

Finally Finished!




After several delays I am finally finished with the shawl for my friend. I tend to forget how long it takes to knit sideways lace all the way around a shawl....but the time was well spent.

There is no pattern for this shawl because I didn't write it down. It just sort of 'happened' as I went along and I tend to focus on basics rather than line-by-line directions anyway. The only two measurements I was concerned with was the neck opening and the length. My friend is petite and she will be wearing this shawl while seated, as she is confined to a wheel chair. I didn't want anything getting in her way, but it needed to be long enough for her to tuck her arms under when she is chilled.

I used I-cord to finish the front and neck with tails that can be used to tie it at the neck to keep it in place. I can hardly wait for it to dry and I can give it to my friend. She is very special and there is scarcely a day that goes by that I don't think of her.
Post a Comment