Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Getting Ready for the County Fair

Tomorrow the Grayson County Fair gets underway here in north central Texas and I will be set up on Saturday for a spinning/weaving demonstration. I am trying to get several different types of fiber for folks to see as well as some yarn spun up out of the same fibers.

I also need to make sure my bobbins are empty, both weaving and spinning bobbins, and decided how to warp the loom with some hand-spun silk that I will be working on during the demo.

I am notorious for taking too much stuff for this sort of thing and I am trying desperately to keep things simple.

If anyone happens to be in the area for the 9th-12th of October just take highway 75 to the Loy Lake exit in Denison, Texas and you can't miss it. I will be there from 10:00 to noon and 1:00 to 3:00 on Saturday the 11th.
Post a Comment