Friday, September 5, 2008

In Stitches

I had a wonderful time last night at the home of Sarah Dedmon of McKinney, Texas who hosted the first meeting of the In Stitches meetup group. There were nearly 20 people attending, including another spinner, Dana, and Michelle who is restoring a spinning wheel. We had originally planned on meeting at a coffee shop, but the list of people got so long that Sarah graciously offered us the use of her home and provided refreshements. Thank you, Sarah!

By the time I got home from the meeting, an hour drive for me, we already had a In Stitches group formed on Ravelry! Wow Michelle! That was fast work. I am now a member of 15 different groups on Ravelry. I even found a group for Pogo.com lovers on Ravelry. Who knew?

Denise brought her jewelry making supplies and with the help of a couple of other ladies made us all ear rings! Can't wait to wear mine! Thanks, ladies! That was very sweet of all of you.

I met another lace enthusiast, sorry but your name just escaped me....I am lousy at remembering names. The neat thing is we both had purchased the same shawl pattern, Pacific Northwest Shawl, and she was working on it while we chatted. I had to pet the yarn. Sorry, couldn't help it. It's a fiber thing.

Sherry, from Delightful Hands in Celina, Texas joined us, providing one of the door prizes, a yummy skein of yarn, which Susan Lacy Knitter won. Someone else provided a lovely fall theme wreath for the other door prize. There were several other ladies that I didn't have a chance to visit with since we were sort of spread out all over Sarah's house. I will make sure I get to know you all better next time!
Post a Comment