Saturday, September 13, 2008

2nd Saturday Spinners







Had a wonderful time spinning today with some talented ladies at Apple Leef Farm in Van Alstyne, TX. Leef has a huge building with lots of room, wheels, a loom to drool over and lots of fiber....which I managed to leave intact....not buying more until I spin more of what I have. The coffee was great and so was the company.

I am back to spinning some merino top very fine for a shawl and trying to decide what to ply it with to keep from muddying the gorgeous colorway. Maybe some silk thread....maybe some finely spun tussah.....decisions, decisions.

2 comments:

mandi said...

hi there- i am scrolling through texas bloggers looking for info on hurricane ike and i came upon you. i see you tat. that is very exciting to me! my great grandmother tatted and i am dying to learn but haven't been able to find any resources or people who do it. any thoughts on resources i could find for training?
thanks!
mandi
mandiandjohn@sbcglobal.net

Patricia Blankenship,ocds said...

Hi Mandy! Tatting is the one thing I couldn't learn from a book. My mother in law taught me how to make the knot and have is slide on the thread. There are some Dover books on tatting you might try. You could probably do a search or ask your local book store to see what is listed. Most of them have photos.