Sunday, July 27, 2008

Shawl for a friend



My husband and I have a friend who is going through a great deal of suffering over the state of her husband's health and I decided she needs a prayer shawl. I have knitted countless rectangular shawls and decided that for once I would knit a prayer shawl that was triangular.

I chose the Feather and Fan Triangular Shawl from Folk Shawls by Cheryl Oberle on page 65. As usual, I have ended up altering the pattern. This time it is due to the fact that this shawl would swallow my friend since she is very petite, so I am simply making it shorter.

I had a few skeins of yarn left over from my beige shawl and decided to use them to make this shawl. I have started with the white and have just changed to the marl yarn for the first portion of the border. I wanted to get a good look at the shaping so I slipped it off the needle and decided to photograph it as well. It measures 48" across the top and 19" top to bottom at the center. I am planning on it being approximately 36" from top to bottom.

No comments: