Tuesday, July 1, 2008

It Pays to do Your Homework These Days.....

I am Pro Life. Period.

And I have had to make some adjustments in my lifestyle of late because of it: No more Starbuck's, TGI Fiday's, Nike or New Balance shoes, Chevron/Texaco gasoline, AAA, AARP or Girl Scout cookies because they are affiliated with Planned Parenthood. Oh, yeah, almost forgot the Susan G. Komen Foundation. You would think that a group that says they are trying to find a cure for cancer would not associate themselves with Planned Parenthood since abortions are a cause of cancer in women. No cute little pink ribbons for me folks. There are better ways to fight cancer, thank you very much, than using aborted human baby tissue for research, and that goes for childhood immunizations as well. Apparently it is cheaper to grow cultures on aborted fetal tissue than whatever the industry was using before abortions became so prevalent. Well, if we put the abortion business out of business, the research facilities will have to come up with something else now, won't they?

Part of my Pro Life stance includes speaking out against homosexual lifestyles. As a result I now have to boycott the Yarn Harlot. ( I wonder if I will be sued by Canadians against hate speech now.)

Sorry, Stephie girl. No more plugs from little 'ol me. No more books, no more blog. I am just glad I happened to read about Canada's "Pride" Day on your blog, hun. The worst part was all the 'comments' from people and quotes from folks like Paul Newman. By the way, did he actually move to Canada when George W got re-elected? I hope so.

I want to make it clear that I in no way condone treating anyone, homosexual, bisexual or heterosexual for that matter, with disregard or hatred. I absolutely denounce anyone who engages in hate speech of any kind. It is not acceptable to belittle, demean or insult anyone for any reason what so ever.

Having said that, it is the duty of everyone who loves God to stand up for the principles taught in the Bible and to pray for those who have been led astray by 'alternative life styles' in our culture. Christ calls us to love our neighbor, but to hate the sin he may be involved in. He calls on us to reach out in love and compassion to those who are lost and don't even know it. But we must act out of love, not hatred and suspicion.

I have addressed such subjects in my other blogs dealing with spiritual topics, but somehow I never thought about having to do so in this one! Who knew?

No comments: