Sunday, July 6, 2008

Baby blanket....still a work in progress



I got all the way down one side of the blanket with the edging I picked out....started to turn the corner....and didn't like it. So, I frogged all the way back down the side and put the stitches on a thread while I decide how to proceed. (I had wanted to lay it out flat anyway and take a photo.)

I like the edging, I just don't like the way the stitches are pulled doing short row shaping for the corner. I am going to use the same edging but add fullness to the first inch or so at both sides of the corners by knitting two ridges instead of one before I knit the edging onto the border. I have done the same thing many times on other such shawls/blankets and it works just fine. I guess that will teach me to mess with what works. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
Post a Comment